Dr. Mudasir Ahmad Wani pursued his postdoctoral studies with Prof. Patrick Bours at Norwegian Biometrics Laboratory, NTNU, Norway, and obtained his Ph.D. from Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi, India in 2019 in Computer Science. Also obtained a Masters in Computer Applications (MCA) and M.Phil (Data Mining) from the University of Kashmir (UoK) in 2012 and 2014 respectively. Furthermore, he worked as an assistant professor (guest faculty) at Jamia Millia Islamia – a central university in India, during 2018-2019
Mudasir’s research focuses on extraction and analysis of social data and application of different statistical and machine learning techniques in developing prediction models. He has more than 5 years of research experience from an academic research institute with specialties in :
- Machine learning
- Text Mining and Natural language processing
- Online Social Network Analysis
- Sentiment Analysis
- emotion mining, aspect analysis, etc.
- Semantic Web & OSN
- IEEE Student Member │ 2015
- Norwegian Biometrics Laboratory – NTNU, Norway │2019
- Social Network Research Group, IIIT-Bangalore, India│2018
- Centrum Wiskunde & Informatica (CWI), Amsterdam │2019
- Member Institute of Scholars (InSc), Bangalore, India │2020
- IMT 4113 – Introduction to Cyber & Information Security Technology (INCIST), Master level.
- Supervision at Master level.
- Alain Bensoussan Fellowship award under European Research Consortium for Informatics and Mathematics, Sophia Antipolis Cedex, France
- UGC (University Grants Commission) Fellowship (2014 -2019), New Delhi, India
- UDAAN Scholarship (PGDSD, IIIT-Bangalore), Bangalore, India
- Research Excellence Award by Institute of Scholars (InSc), Bangalore, India 2020.
- Best Paper Award at ACM, International Conference on Machine Learning and Data Science (ICMLDS) 2019.
- Best Poster Award in workshop entitled- National Workshop Translational Bioinformatics: Guinness Book Recording to Digital Era (NWTB: GB2DE) 2019
- Best Paper Award at IEEE, International Conference on Machine Learning and Data Science 2018.